Governor Zulum launches 2nd phase of N1 billion support for low-profile entrepreneurs, shares 80 vehicles, Keke Napep in Biu

0

Share and Enjoy !

0Shares
0 0

 

Borno State Governor, Babagana Umara Zulum on Friday in Biu, flagged off a second phase of economic support for small and medium enterprises in three local government areas.

A total of N1b naira was set aside for disbursement to about 5,000 entrepreneurs from six local governments of Biu, Gowza, Ngala, Monguno, Mobbar and Maiduguri Metropolitan Council.

Borno State Government in collaboration with the Bank of industry, equally raised N1b for disbursement to entrepreneurs in form of interest free loans. Each party brought N500m.

Aside launching the economic support in Biu, Zulum distributed over 80 commercial vehicles and tricycles (Keke Napep) to different beneficiaries ad part of social protection and livelihood support.

While making a remark, Zulum charged the beneficiaries to make proper use of the empowerment package distributed.

The Governor also said, any of the beneficiaries that repays 50% of the total amount he received in three years, government will wave the remaining 50%.

Before reaching Biu, Zulum in December 2020, disbursed N154m to various entrepreneurs within Maiduguri. Before them, in January 2020, N515m was disbursed in ‘cash for work’ programme in which 2,862 members of “Ecomog”, an outlawed political political thuggery group, were paid N30,000 each month for a half of the year. The youths received payments for cleaning the streets. Earlier in December 2019, N384m was distributed to empower street beggars in preparation to ban street begging.

Zulum bans political thuggery in Biu

In another development, Governor Babagana Umara Zulum has extended his ban on political thuggery to Biu. Zulum has since 2019 stopped political thuggery where it was a major menace.

Going tough on Biu, the governor directed security agencies to arrest anyone parading his or herself as political thug to terrorize citizens.

“The Commissioner of Police, the Director SSS, and all the security establishment are hereby directed to arrest anyone that paraded himself as ECOMOG as from 6:00 am tomorrow.”

He also said, “any politician who is sponsoring such thugs shall be dealt with accordingly.” Zulum said.

826 Views

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Education News

ASUU FUK Chapter Protests for Enhanced Salaries, Agreement Implementation

0

Share and Enjoy !

0Shares
0 0

The Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU), Federal University of Kashere, joined its counterparts across the country in embarking on a peaceful protest, calling the attention of the Federal Government to meet certain demands. The peaceful protest started from its secretariat, proceeded to the Chancellery building, and ended at the main gate of the university. […]

Read More
News

UNICEF Chief Calls for Greater Respect for Children’s Rights in Adamawa

0

Share and Enjoy !

0Shares
0 0

The United Nations Children’s Fund, UNICEF has advocated for respect and protection of children’s rights in Adamawa State. The Chief of UNICEF Bauchi Field Office, Dr. Nuzrat Rafique, made the call during a one-hour live discussion program on NAS FM Yola, Adamawa State. During the discussion program monitored by our correspondent, Dr. Rafique said UNICEF […]

Read More
News

Adamawa: UNICEF Rallies Traditional Rulers For Education Drive.

0

Share and Enjoy !

0Shares
0 0

By Aliyu Abubakar Gengle In a bid to tackle the out-of-school children syndrome and improve learning outcomes in Adamawa State, traditional leaders have been mobilised to champion education in their communities, leveraging their influence to drive enrollment, retention, and community engagement. At a high-level meeting organized by the United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF), in collaboration […]

Read More